Well hump day is here again, and if you’re ready this smile, the weekend is coming up fast and there’s good news aplenty. Top of the list today is the announcement of a package to help boost lending to small and medium-sized businesses. It may seem an odd choice to some, but having worked in a number of start-ups, these businesses are the chance for people to live their dreams, support their local communities and create jobs and prosperity. Remember that global brands like Virgin, Facebook, Apple, Microsoft, and many more, all had very modest beginnings. For these businesses access to credit, to help bridge minor cashflow issues, or the capital a firm needs to take the next step into something bigger, makes a huge difference.
The Middle-East is back in the news and, in my opinion, for good reasons. Iraq & Kurds have managed to settle an oil dispute, French MPs voting in favour of recognising a Palestinian State (and thereby, hopefully providing more international pressure for the 2 State Solution).
In sports, Fina have voted to allow Mixed Gender Synchronised Diving, adding to the ranks of sports when men and women can compete on an equal footing.
Enjoy the rest of the week, and just the diving I hope the weekend arrives with a splash. 😀
- Package to boost lending to Small & Medium-Sized Businesses Announced
- Twitter to Make Reporting Abuse & Blocking Easier
- Iraq & Kurds settle Oil Dispute
- Latest Scanning Techniques Reveal plan of Ancient City
- Northern Ireland Assembly Passes Parental Leave Bill
- French MPs vote in favour of a Palestinian State
- Mediterranean diet keeps people ‘genetically young’
- Scottish NHS ‘Better Off’ in UK
- Russian Medal for Welsh Arctic Convoy Veterans
- Lucien Freud Collection Donated to the Nation
- Church Building in Dublin to be opened to Provide Shelter to Homeless
- Home Birth could be Best Option for Many
- Mixed Gender Syncro Diving Approved by FINA