With people still reeling from the events in London, I am reminded of the good that R2BC can do. Reminding us all that the world is far from the horrible place, that we are sometimes led to believe.
Today, R2BC seems to, mostly, be about Health and the world being done to save lives around the world. From DNA Sequencing that means faster and better treatment of Tuberculosis, an incredible breakthrough that could mean the mass-production of artificial blood, age-reversing drug tests which could potentially help stop tumours and improve quality of life and, not forgetting the potential new Rotavirus Vaccine that could save the lives of 500 000 Children a Year in Africa.
If I have one favourite story? Probably, the news that Taiwan could become the first country in Asia to legalise same-sex marriage. At times like these it’s good to know that #LoveWins.
Have a great weekend and enjoy these positive news stories:
- World-First, British Scientists Breakthrough in Diagnosis of TB
- Artificial Blood Breakthrough
- Hopes Growing for a New Cheap, Heat-Proof Rotavirus Vaccine
- Taiwanese Court to Hear Landmark Same-Sex Marriage Case
- Age Reversing Drug Successfully Tested on Mice
- £10m Pancreatic Cancer Study gets Underway
- Obscure, Ivory Mimicking, Seed Is Helping Save Elephants
- YouTube to Help Gamers Build their Audiences
- Fruit Shaped Sensors to help Monitor Freshness in Transit
- Tapestry Celebrating Flemish Links Saves Pembrokeshire Church
- Ospreys Reunite at Loch of Lowes Reserve
- RNLI Release Footage of a Trapped Whale being released from ‘Whelk Pots’
- Award-Winning Botanist Plans Ethiopia’s 1st Botanic Garden
- Lucky Attack on Cockle Man results in life-saving Cancer Diagnosis
- Indian Street Dogs Help Catch Criminal
- Cricket Helping Healing Wounds of Genocide in Rwanda