#R2BC Thursday’s #GoodNews
As a sci-fi and fantasy fan, I know I am not alone, in feeling a little frustrated in how slow my favourite genres have been to keep pace with social change. It’s ironic that genres which, so often, give us the ability to explore sensitive social issues can so often drag their feet on issues of race, gender, sexuality and equality of their protagonists. Well with Star Wars: The Force Awakens taking a lead, and Star Wars: Rogue One keeping the banner flying it appears that the new Star Trek Series will have a female lead.
I know the above may seem unimportant to some but sometimes it’s the little steps that start the bigger avalanches and reveal what is possible. Notably, at this year’s Olympics, much will likely be said about various record breakers and gold medal winners but for me the Bronze medal of Max Whitlock, breaking a 108-Year drought for all-around gymnastics is more than worthy of note.
Go Boldly, young sir, Go Boldly.
Hoping these Positive Stories help get you through the day.
- Japan Rescues Chinese Fishing Boat
- Colombia Razes infamous Bronx Slum
- Star Trek Discovery to have a Female Lead
- Stargazers expecting a bumper crop of Perseids
- Genes seen switching off in Live Brains in Real-Time
- Fire Extinguished at Recycling Plant
- Teenager Fills Stadium with Teddy Bears to Raise Funds in memory of Dead Friend
- 73-Year-Old Sword Fighting Grandma
- 2 Golds & 4 Bronzes for GB on Day 5
- Whitlock wins 1st British All-Around Gymnastics Medal in 108 Years