Seeing the introduction of Rugby 7s at the London Olympics was great to see some amazing sports coming to Tokyo. Especially, skateboarding and sport climbing. While they have been a mainstay of events like the X-Games, it’s great to see these sports increasingly getting mainstream recognition.
Favourite story of the day? Has to be the puppets from Spitting Image being saved. With the likes of John Stewart, Stephen Colbert and John Oliver in the US, it is clear that a healthy dose of satire is incredibly important in healthy political debate. The saving of these Iconic puppets is great to see.
So here’s hoping you find a little slice of history to make you grin today. 🙂
NB: The following video is hilarious if a little NSFW 😀
- IBM’s latest attempt at artificial Neurons
- ScotRail Strikes Called Off
- Obama commutes 214 sentences in Greatest show of Presidential Clemency since 1900
- Royal Palace discovered at Tintagel
- Moon Express wins Approval for Moon Mission
- Italy introduces laws to fight Food Waste
- Switch that governs sleep in flies discovered
- Spitting Image Puppets saved by Fan
- £17000 raised in 4-Days for Neath Port Talbot Cat Sanctuary
- 2 Teenagers Rescued from Sea
- Karate, Skateboarding, Surfing, Sport Climbing & Baseball/Softball at Tokyo Olympics