Usually Reasons to be Cheerful goes out around lunchtime, but today family commitments kept me away from the keyboard. Today, I’m happy it did as I got to hear hope being offered to thousands of child refugees.
However, my favourite news is the release of a political prisoner. In terms of iconic images for freedom of speech and people power, it is hard to beat the image of a lone man standing in front of a tank. A long time coming but, here’s to freedom.
May be there really is a little more of the Force running around today.
- China Releases Last Tiananmen Square Protest Prisoner
- UK to Resettle Unaccompanied Child Refugees in Europe
- Embryo Study shows ‘Life’s First Steps’
- Yemeni Peace Talks Resume
- Overweight Labradors give Genetic Obesity Clue
- Professor who saved 9 Species receives Conservation Award
- Powys Osprey returns to Nest in UK First
- Blizzard invite Legacy Sever Team for Talks
- 2 Children Safe after M25 Car Theft
- 5-Year-Old saved after almost Choking on a Grape
- Hynd & Mullen win Golds at IPC Swimming European Championships