Now, to be fair I don’t usually do Reasons to be Cheerful on Bank Holidays but somehow today seemed right. Great news from Iran as the country continues it’s journey back into the international community, after the shocking scenes of 2009’s elections it’s great to see a record number of women being elected. A long way to go, but progress is progress.
Similarly, having seen a Lebanese band getting banned in Jordan, because of their gay vocalist, have been cleared.
However, as I’m training for another tough mudder my favourite story has to be the Australian runner who ran through a bushfire, when caught during a race; suffered from life threatening burns, and was told she’d never compete again. Well she just completed an Ironman. Amazing triumph over adversity. 🙂
- Runner who suffered 65% Burns Completes Ironman Australia
- Rescued Circus Lions Arrive in South Africa
- Jordanian Government lifts ban on Lebanese Band with Gay Vocalist
- Record Number of Women elected to Iranian Parliament
- Astronaut controls Robot from Orbit
- Excavation of Medieval Chapel gives insight into lives of Welsh people from the 7th & 11th Centuries
- US Cruise Ship is first to break decades long Embargo
- Archaeologists & Communities logged over 100 Wrecks & Artifacts along the Scottish Coast
- Project to Photograph every RNLI Station & Crew, using Victorian Techniques
- Helicopter Rescue for boy in Devon
- Man Rescued from Maentwrog Gorge
- Baby born on hard shoulder of M42 Motorway