#R2BC Wednesday’s #GoodNews
After all the excitement of yesterday I guess today may look a little mundane; well, unless you like stacking multi-dimensional oranges.
However, there is some great news that has got me smiling. 🙂
With a Raspberry Pi coming back from the International Space Station it seems only right that another British Micro Computer should reach for the heavens as a BBC Micro Bit makes it into the upper atmosphere. 🙂 I remember when I was at school I remember the wonder of playing with a BBC Micro and then the influence of Acorn and Spectrum on home computing and the start the of the games industry in the UK.
With more and more stories coming through of new and inventive ways of using these single board computers it’s great to see the spark of innovation being nurtured in a new generation.
Also as a fan of Pluto I am fascinated to find out if there really is another planet in the solar system. 🙂 Who know’s what we might find if we look a little further?
- More Evidence for 9th Planet
- Veterans charity Erskine celebrates its Centenary
- Artificial Cell gives insight into the Genes that are Essential for Life
- BBC Micro Bit makes it to Stratosphere
- Cardiff Cancer Patient meets Stem Cell donor who Saved his Life
- New Maths Proof shows how to stack Oranges in 24 Dimensions
- 94 New Ambulances for Wales after £10.3m of Government Investment
- Ancient Fossil hints at the Evolution of Spiders
- Norwich Cathedral Peregrine Falcons begin Incubating Eggs
- Woman escapes blaze in County Armagh
- Rugby Ref Nigel Owens will set World Record
- David Haye will donate 10% of ticket sales from his next fight to injured Boxer