Apologies for today’s Reasons to be Cheerful being so late, and to be fair I cannot make any promises about Tuesday’s news as tomorrow I become a parent and take a massive step into the deep end of life. So wish me luck.
However, I am gladdened by the HUGE weight of great stories from the weekend. As someone who struggles with depression, and has a great fondness for technology, the news about the NHS’ commitment to £1bn a year in Mental Health funding,. as well as promising results from for Virtual Reality Therapy definitely has me grinning.
However, the stories about potential treatments fighting –
Are certainly nothing to be sniffed at.
It’s an amazing world we live in and I’m looking forward to sharing it with my children.
- Nottingham University discover Anglo-Saxon Remedy that kills MRSA
- Extraordinary Results for T Cell Therapy against Cancer
- Scientist Identify Drugs that could help prevent Alzheimer’s
- NHS to invest extra £1bn a year into Mental Health Services
- Research points to Virtual Reality Therapy helping with Depression
- Study Suggests Women write better Code
- Long-Term Cement Study Seeks Nuclear Waste Solution
- Ordnance Survey releases Digital Map of Mars
- Lost Plant Species discovered in Amber
- Antiguans become the Oldest People to Row across Atlantic
- The Atlantic’s Largest Marine Reserve
- Aldi to Hire 5000 Staff this Year
- Rescued Baby Orangutan makes Amazing Recovery
- Scratches in Caves give Evidence pointing to Marsupial Lion being able to Climb Trees
- Missing Woman found Safe and Sound
- Malawi Prison Band gets Grammy Nomination
- Cuba returns Wrongly Shipped Training Missile back to US
- Women Racing Against men in Cholistan Desert Rally
- Manilow doing well After Surgery
- Tweddle takes first Unaided Steps after Surgery for Fall
- Rowlands Grabs Halfpipe Gold at Youth Winter Olympics
- Two England Wins in 6 Nations as Men & Women put Italy to the Sword