The, undeniably, great news today is the NLD victory in Myanmar and the step closer to a genuine freedom and democracy. After years of House Arrest and keeping the faith for NLD leader Aung San Suu Kyi I cannot begin to imagine the sense of relief, celebration and vindication for one of the world’s most iconic advocates for peace and justice.
Another story that jumped out of me ahead of the weekend was this touching story about Dwayne Johnson, aka The Rock, talking about his experiences and battles with mental illness. As regular readers will know, I’m no stranger to the battles with anxiety and depression, and to see well known personalities, recognised primarily for their strength talking candidly about mental health issues is another step forward in lifting the veil on invisible illness.
Appropriately it’s also World Kindness Day. 🙂
Read, enjoy, and have a great weekend.
- Dwayne Johnson talks about Depression
- NLD wins Landslide Victory in Myanmar
- US Lifts Liberian Sanctions
- Unpublished Bronte Works to Join UK Collection
- Evidence points to presence of Water on Earth since the Beginning
- Neutron beam Aimed at ‘Un-Burning’ Bone to help Archeologists
- Scientists begin to unravel DNA of Incan Mummy
- US Haggis Ban could be Lifted
- Skateboarding Bulldog breaks World Record