#R2BC Wednesday’s #GoodNews – The Prize
A lot gets said about government u-turns and usually in the negative but, on a day when Australia gets reported as the worst performer on climate change, I have to say that Australia donating to the UN Climate Fund is good to hear. That said, my favourite story has to be, after the news, that DNA co-discoverer, James Watson felt forced to sell his Nobel Prize that Russian Steel & Telecoms tycoon Alisher Usamov bought the medal specifically to return it to Watson.
Is it a day for hope? Well with maternal death rates falling, a ceasefire holding in Ukraine, and Detroit coming out of bankruptcy I’d have to say yes.
Have a great Wednesday.
- Last French Hostage Arrives Home from Mali
- Australia Government U-Turns to Donate A$200m to UN Climate Fund
- Russian Usmanov buys Nobel Prize to give it back to Watson
- Shaky Ukrainian Ceasefire Holds
- Maternal Death Rates Falling
- West to Accept more Syrian Refugees
- Detroit Poised to exit Bankruptcy
- UK Trade Deficit Narrows to 7 Month Low
- Chinese Inflation hits 5 Year Low
- Rolls-Royce creates 300 New Submarine Jobs
- Dutch Explorer drives to South Pole
- Baby born in Police Car
- Kosovo to compete in Rio 2016
- Helen O’Reilly joins Ireland’s National Referee Panel
- England Top Champions Trophy Group