After Friday’s news about the England U21s, it looks like the England Football Team are trying to restore the lustre, at least to an extent. However, if you’re a real fan of British Sport the news of epic Medal Hauls in Bobsled and Taekwondo.
If sport isn’t your thing and you’ve had enough of Comets, Kardashians and the G20 there has been some amazing news for the developing world. 2 out of the 3 types of Polio is no more and an agreement being signed in 63 of the world’s poorest country could give access to family planning to some of those most in need. Living in the developed world, with condom machines in every toilet, and hormonal contraception easily available from a Doctor it’s easy to forget the freedom and power contraception can provide. While education is still needed to fight the spread of AIDS, and even in the developed world we’re struggling with STDs, this is still a big step.
Also, in Botswana a historic court decision is an important step for equality and gay rights in Africa. After laws being passed banning homosexual acts the judgement stating that a Gay rights group is not illegal gives hope to may.
Here’s hoping that if you’re reading this you have reasons to smile to 🙂
- $1 contraceptive set to change family planning in the developing world
- Botswana Gay Rights Group wins landmark case
- Polio Eradication reaches Major Milestone
- Prominent Female Afghani MP survives attack
- Robots helping Autistic Pupils to learn Social Skills
- Maglev campaign hits 311mph
- Bushfire threat eases
- Scottish Jobs Market continues to improve
- Boost to Winter Clothes Appeal
- Elderly woman rescued from sinking car
- RAF crews return home
- 5 Year Old Passes Microsoft Exam
- McIlroy wins in Dubai
- 12 Golds for GB in Commonwealth Championships
- GB Grab Silver & Gold in America Cup
- England beat Slovenia 3-1