If Hasselhoff hasn’t given it away, it was the 25th Anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall yesterday.
An incredible reminder of the sort of miracles that can occur at the most unexpected times; a reminder of what is possible and why it’s important to hope, to dream and to keep the faith.
Plenty to be cheerful about from the weekend.
- 8000 balloons mark the fall of the Berlin Wall
- North Korea releases Miller & Bae
- Cease-Fire agreed in South Sudan
- Saudi Arabia Considers easing ban on Women Driving
- War widows free to remarry without losing pension from April
- APEC agrees network to fight corruption
- Indian Army issues rare apology over deaths in Kashmir
- Long Campaign succeeds in freeing Honduran migrant
- Rebels join Yemen’s New Cabinet
- Tagged Amur falcons return to India’s Nagaland
- Injured toddler out of intensive care
- Cheryl makes British music history
- GB’s Letsche crowned Women’s World Tumbling Champion
- Kenny wins Silver in Mexico
- Whiley defends Masters title
- Golds for GB at Track Cycling World Cup