Welcome to a Working Wednesday!
Big news is obviously UK unemployment hitting its lowest point in almost 6 years! However, with approval from the House of Lords and easy progress through the commons next week the Church of England could very soon see its first female bishop, which makes a welcome addition to yesterday’s news concerning https://siliconnomad.com/2014/10/14/r2bc-tuesdays-goodnews-a-letter-home/attitudes to homosexuality coming from the Vatican. Tolerance seems to be springing up all over the place 😀 Even in Korea where we see the first high level military talks in 7 years.
Before you go, and talking of working life, I came across this little gem, on the BBC news site, concerning the life of times of slave turned entrepreneur George Scipio Africanus. It’s an inspiring story and speaks of hope from a darker time in our history. I may well seek out this historical marker next time I’m in the East Midlands. 🙂
Happy Hump Day Folks 😀
- UK unemployment falls to 5 year low
- Koreas in first high level military talks for 7 years
- Italy pushes ahead with next generation biofuels
- SCOTUS blocks Texan abortion restrictions
- Women Bishops change approved in Lords
- Stolen sheep found
- Last surviving WWI battleship to become a museum
- Plaque raised in Nottingham to mark the life of George Africanus
- Peterborough Climber becomes first to climb 1556 summits named after Marilyn Monroe
- NI in 2-0 over Greece