#R2BC Tuesday’s #GoodNews – A Letter Home
Having a long family connection to the stamp trade I have to say that the news that Somalia is getting a postal service is great news. In the modern era of instant communication, where we’re constantly bombarded by e-mails, texts, blogs, vlogs and a steady stream of media of all sorts it’s easy to forget what it’s like not to be able to contact friends and family a world away and the joy and warmth a hand written note can make to your day. In a country that, not so long ago, was so broken and filled with violence this new sign of stability is genuinely heart warming.
So here’s a few missives I hope will make people’s days a little brighter.
- Somali Government launches postal service
- MPs vote to recognise Palestinian State
- Vatican family review signals major shift on homosexuality
- UK inflation at lowest rate for 5 years
- Dublin to get Children’s Heart Surgery Unit
- New for of Solar Cloud identified by Dundee University
- Work Conker Champions Crowned
- England Women set for Wembley debut versus Germany
- All-female crew takes lead in Volvo Ocean Race
- 2-1 win for Wales