No flashy and inspired sub-title today I’m afraid, but with these stories I’m sure you’ll forgive me. 🙂
Building on the amazing news from last Monday, Alaska now joins the majority of US States to allow same-sex marriage after another ban was declared unconstitutional. Today, we will also get to hear about the new devolution proposals for the UK but to bring more of a smile the dates for the first Scottish same-sex marriages have been announced.
In health news a story has struck close to home, as my wife’s nan is currently in hospital, as a trial of a new C Diff treatment is announced.
In other stories of healing, after years of civil war the North and South of Sri Lanka have been reconnected be rail; in Egypt a beautiful Coptic Christian Church has been restored.
It’s been another amazing weekend for good news.
I hope you find something here to help brighten your day.
- Boko Haram hostages freed
- Colombo-Jaffna Railway reopens
- Landmark Coptic Church restored in Cairo
- Alaskan ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional
- Date set for first same-sex marriages in Scotland
- New treat may help stop gut infection
- Chinese September trade data beats expectations
- Amazon to create 1000 new jobs in UK
- Number of wine producers in UK continues to grow
- Unseen Picasso Self-Portrait goes on show
- Pte James Owen’s receives new gravestone and rededication
- Floor Mosaic uncovered at Amphipolis
- Viking treasure hail unearthed
- New World Record for heaviest Firework
- Hamiliton wins in Russia
- Rachel Joyce claims Ironman World Championship Bronze in Hawaii