Going through the stories today I was a little worried about at first.
Things were at risk of being a little quiet and filled with the Monday blues.
The news of continuing advances in an Ebola vaccine are brilliant, and a conference with the ambition to dramatically reduce poverty in Africa by 2025 definitely raised a smile. However, these stories alone weren’t enough to punch through the Monday blues (And this wasn’t due to the Bears losing to the Bills in overtime…no…honest…no, really).
Moving to the sporting review I have to say my socks are, most definitely, blown off.
This weekend sees a mountain of silver wear heading back to the UK.
A stunning run of cars, bikes, bats, rackets, running and more, plus a Gold and 2 Silver medals at the Modern Pentathlon World Championships in Poland.
So if you missed the amazing British Summer of Sport, the Autumn is far from disappointing so far.
- Vaccine Monkeys Ebola Immunity
- Conference to kick start a Green Revolution in Africa
- New proposal to stop sediment dumping on the Great Barrier Reef
- 60ft Asteroid will pass near the Earth
- 2 Rescued from fire in Newport
- Coca-Cola to adopt traffic light health labelling in UK
- GB Dominates UCI Mountain Bike World Championship
- Mo Farah first Britain to win the Great North Run since 1985
- Lapthorne wins first grand slam title at US Open
- England women beat South Africa to claim 3-0 T20 series win
- Frampton crowned IBF super bantam weight champion
- England beat India in T20 thriller
- Lewis Hamilton wins Italian Grand Prix
- Britains win 3rd Modern Pentathlon World Championship Medal