I must admit that it’s been a while since I’ve heard the call of good news.
This hasn’t been because the world has changed in any great way, or an absence of good news or any appalling weather.
Far more simply, the demons that inspired me to start looking for the good news in the world have been winning the recent battles; it’s taken me more than a few weeks back into the light.
There’s been plenty of good stuff going on and I can only hope that readers have found smiles of their own.
Today, much of the world is remembering the start of the first World War, the lives lost, sacrifices made and lessons learned. Looking back is important, making sure we learn the lessons and build a better future, knowing our destiny is in our hands.
- Uganda court annuls anti-homosexuality law
- DNA project to make UK world leader in genetic research
- Display screen technology could correct vision problems
- Small amounts of video gaming ‘linked to well-adjusted children’
- Mars 2020 rover could pave the way for manned missions to Mars
- UK’s deep sea mountain life filmed
- New bat species discovered in Bolivia
- Robot learns to keep going with broken leg
- McIlroy wins Bridgestone Invitational
- England win Commonwealth 4x400m relay gold
- England thrash Sweden 4-0
- Simmonds & Rodgers claim IPC European Gold