Now, I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not a huge soccer fan.
The thought of the world cup genuinely bores me to tears and I’ll likely be spending the next few weeks trying to avoid news about the relative success (or lack of it) of the England football team.
However, of all the stories surrounding the World Cups and FIFA, I’m surprised this story isn’t getting more play. Well here’s another plug for the power of the human mind and spirit vs adversity.
- Paraplegic in mind controlled suit to kick off world cup
- Doctors reach man trapped in cave
- £58m South Wales regeneration scheme approved
- Tate gifted works of Cy Twombly
- Injured swimmer sits up in hospital
- Davis wins historic European fencing gold