R2BC has been offline recently, something that saddens me but, as some of you may know, part of my reason for starting Silicon Nomad and the Reasons To Be Cheerful project has been my own battle with depression. While #R2BC can be incredibly uplifting, finding the stories often involves digging through reams of news of appalling suffering, death and darkness, something that can chisel away at what little strength I can carry some days. A battle that recently, I’m sad to say, I have been losing. With help of good friends and my loving wife I hope to do better.
I have been reminded that #R2BC does genuine good to people’s lives, so here it goes.
- Oregon same-sex marriage ban struck down
- Scanner may prevent diabetic blindness
- Mali hostages freed
- Lost snake species rediscovered in Mexico
- Woman walks for help after bear attack
- Elderly woman airlifted from floods
- Scanning reveals the secrets of mummies
- Giant poster helps to absorb harmful pollution
- Hahn & Lyle set sprint world records