Apologies for the recent absences, between job interviews and looking after the family I’ve had little time for Reasons to be Cheerful.
Looking through the stories from the last few days I had a very pleasant surprise.
So often the Middle-East is the source for so much of the apparent sadness in the world.
But over the past couple of days the fact that a maid will be spared in Saudi Arabia, Afghans will get a chance to elect a new leader, and kidnapped soldiers will get to go home shows that there really can be hope where and when you least expect it.
Enjoy the stories and enjoy the weekend.
- Indonesian maid spared execution in Saudi Arabia
- Kidnapped Iranian Soldiers Freed in Pakistan
- Afghans set to vote in historic Presidential Election
- Storm damaged rail line reopens
- MEPS vote for Net Neutrality Law
- Original Welsh Language Bible comes home
- New Car sales hit 10 Year High
- High street showing great resilience
- Ketamine presents possible treatment for depression
- EU Flagship Satellite launched
- Prehistoric chase digitally reconstructed
- BBC iPlayer extends catch-up to 30 days
- England Reach World T20 Final
- Lucas wins sailing Gold
- Summerhayes wins Gold at Junior World Championships
- Schumacher having conscious moments
- Skydiver narrowly missed by meteorite