Had to start Reasons to be Cheerful with the story about the relaxing of US Military uniform rules as the picture of a Sikh soldier with a digital DPM turban is just too fun and cool.
Also after last night’s news that a friend had used this blog to help talk someone out of committing suicide I needed to be not serious for a second. I am regularly reminded by my wife about the importance and power of words.
Looking through the news today the two top stories we have, Virginia’s AG elect saying that the state’s gay marriage ban is unconstitutional and Morocco removing part a law that allows rapists of underage girls to avoid prosecution by marrying them, the power of words is around us everyday and it is up to us to us them for good or ill.
Remember that the positive is all around us and the good there for you to find. 🙂
Enjoy these stories from around the world:
- Virginia’s Attorney-General says that the state’s gay marriage ban is unconstitutional and will not defend it
- Morocco amends Controversial rape law
- Abducted South Korean trade official freed in Libya
- New species of river dolphin found
- Eurozone recovery gathering strength
- UK Car production reaches 6 year high
- Banks ready to lend to small businesses
- US military relaxes uniform rules to allow religious items
- More Schools meeting targets
- Crime down 10% in England & Wales
- Tom Daley overwhelmed by support for his relationship