Looking at news sites and many are already putting up their reviews of 2013. Turning back to the past for me? Well that will likely be centred around the news that Classic 70s & 80s video games to be made available online. Today, right now, these moments can be so passing that we can forget, the creativity and effort that went in to creating this virtual world we spend so much of our lives in. They say that once something is on the internet that you can’t escape it, that it’s there forever no matter what. There are campaigns to help people extinguish their pasts. However, I find it a little comforting that the past will leave a mark even here.
But while knowing where we come from is important Reasons to be Cheerful is mostly about looking forward.
Amazing things happen around us all the time like a 9 Year Old climbing the Highest Mountain in the Americas, Police changing how they report crime so we can better understand why a crime is solved or remains unsolved or Santa celebrating Christmas in January in Space.Why not have a look at what else has been happening.
- Report shows bank robberies have dropped by 90% in past 10 years
- Police to change way crime is recorded to give public clearer idea about why crimes are not solved
- 9 Year old climbs highest peak in the Americas
- Party Leaders unite for Syria appeal
- Even Nigel Farage
- Number of deaths at work in Wales halves since last year
- US Military personnel freed in Libya
- Cuba eases restrictions on loans to small businesses
- £4.2m to help improve bus services
- Santa to head into Space
- Power restored after storms
- Breast implants to be registered
- MET Office to offer Space Weather reports