As I mentioned yesterday we’re in a season of hope and forgiveness.
Group breaking scientist Alan Turing, for many the father of modern computing, receives a posthumous pardon. For some it’s too little too late for a man convicted for homosexuality, but it is a sign that we are looking to forgive the signs of our collective past.
In the rest of the world India & Pakistan seek to maintain the peace in Kashmir with historic talks.If military powers can talk to each other after 14 years maybe we can all get along.
Here’s hoping we can all find a great gift in the coming year.
- Royal Pardon for Alan Turing
- Indian & Pakistani military officials hold first talks in 14 years
- Extra support for streamlined adoption
- Brain cancer vaccine trialed
- Yorkshire “man of steel” sculpture gets £1m boost
- China move calms credit concerns
- Sabbath return home in Birmingham reunion gigs