#R2BC Tuesday’s #GoodNews Digest – While Eyes are Elsewhere
Well understandably eyes around the world are watching South Africa and remembering the life of a man and the influence he had on the “Rainbow Nation”. Like all great men, well like anybody, there is good and bad that can be said but if he showed the world anything it is the power of forgiveness.
However, while a nation mourns its favourite son the rest of the world continues wending its path through the universe.
In space the scientist will try and bring the Rosetta probe out of hibernation in its attempt to land on and study the comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko; while on Mars the Curiosity rover has discovered what scientists believe to be a dried up lakebed in search of signs of long past martian life.Closer to home Russia offers us hope for the freedom of protestors from Greenpeace and the punk band Pussy Riot. So while the world keeps turning I hope these stories remind you of the hope and good that is out there.
- Possible amnesty for Greenpeace 30 & Pussy Riot
- Jordan, Isreal and Palestinian Authority sign deal to help save drying red sea
- Fujitsu to make job announcement for Derry
- 14% fall in racist incidents in Scotland
- UK Trade gap smallest for 6 months
- Bank of France ups growth forecast
- New China data fuels recovery hopes
- Google lets users create their own street view