#R2BC Friday’s Good News Digest – The Beatitudes
Came across this song from Macklemore of Thrift Shop fame. So often in music, and hip hop in particular, we hear protest expressed as rage so it’s wonderful to hear wisedom expressed softly and with love.
i chose beatitudes as today’s title as so many of the stories I’ve come across today follow that theme of humble generousity expressed in that famous peace of text:
Blessed are the Peacemakes as we see a ceasefire agreed in a Syrian town.
Blessed are the Meek as we see when someone handed in a rucksack full of money and in return a website has raised over $100,000 to help him start a new life.
And in an interview the iconoclastic Pope Francis continues to battle dogma saying the Catholic church has concentrated to much on dogma and petty rules.To be honest, add on the Iranians coming and saying the never want to have Nukes and today is looking pretty good.
- Ceasefire agreed in Syrian town of Azaz
- Honesty is the best policy
- Pope reaches out to world in interview criticising Church for being overly focused on Dogma
- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani states Iran will never build nuclear weapons
- Air ambulance extend hours leads to significant number of rescues
- UK Borrowing less than expected
- Manufacturing recovery gathers pace
- Brain scan helps to identify the advance of alzheimers
- Tate Galleries report record numbers of visitors
- Scottish theatres saved
- Scottish speech study to use 3D tongue videos
- Cavendish wins record 8th Tour of Britain stage while Wiggins retains Tour lead