Well we always knew that somethings end with a bump, and there are days that will require you to pick yourself up, dust yourself down and proceed to put one foot in front of the other. After a hard fought 29-20 loss to the East Kilbride Pirates, more miles of driving than I care to think about and some interesting looking bruises I find myself on a wet and windy Monday feeling more philosophical than usual. Okay, I’m sore and a bit miserable but I’m lucky to have good friends, great family and easy access to good physiotherapy until I stop throwing myself under linebackers (though if you think about it all these medical stories may be the world trying to tell me something).
So if the rain is getting you down, or you’ve been struck by the Monday blues here are a few stories that I hope will make your burdens a little easier to bear.
- Mid-East peace talks to resume in Washington
- Testicular cancer survival rates soaring
- Research explains why some are able to be cured of type 2 Diabetes
- Alzheimer’s blood test edges closer
- Archbishop Tutu says he would not worship a homophobic God
- Mali votes in presidential election
- Car insurance falling at a record rate
- China & EU reach a deal in solar panel dispute
- Woman & Girls winched to safety from River Ure
- Scots Sustainable Herring Approved
- Hoey secures Russia Open Victory
- Farah secures 3000m victory at anniversary games
- Phil Taylor claims 14th World Matchplay Title
- Jamie Murray wins 9th ATP Doubles Title
Remember that if these texts and articles have helped you, pass them on, share them with friends.
Or why not subscribe to the page or the Silicon Nomad Twitter Feed?