Sometimes it can be hard to find the good news out there, it takes some searching.
The story of the little dog found in Oklahoma after the devasting tornado makes me smile, though I have to admit I smile more knowing that after hearing about a death toll in the hundreds on the drive to work, hearing an announcement that the total is actually less than 30. Being in the US Oklahoma will get a lot of coverage but it’s also important not to forget those who lost their lives in Bangladesh only a couple of weeks ago.
Joy and happiness can often be matters of perspective, but with today being the birthday of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle this somehow seems more appropriate.
So today’s top story is about a blind man who can see again due to stem cell treatment, something I’ve not heard on any news bulletins.
- Stem Cell treatment returns man’s sight
- Egyptian hostages freed in Sinai
- SAP in autism recruitment drive
- Looted bronzes returning to China
- Global AIDs program celebrates decade of success
- Rocket Powered Bicycle Speed Record set at 163mph
- Imran Khan discharged from hospital
- 2013 looks to produce a bumper fruit harvest
- Afghan interpreters offered right to live in UK
- Record closing high for Dow Jones
- Teenager plans to become an astranaut and reach Mars by 2030
- Manchester City form new MLS franchise