This day back in 1975 Junko Tabei became the first woman to reach the summit of Everest.
If that wasn’t inspiration enough for today followers of my Twitter feed will know about double amputee Murray Hambro starting racing in Superbike Championships.
Sometimes the best things in life require us to do little more than commit to them, following your passions, like Laurence Okoye in San Francisco.
- $4bn pledged for reconstruction of Mali
- Altruistic organ donations in 3 fold UK rise
- DNA reveals origin of Minoan culture
- Bank of England upgrades economic forcasts
- WHO data shows health gap narrowing
- Daw Mill coal mine fire extinguished
- Lenin’s tomb reopens to public
- Dwr Cymru saves 400 jobs
- Japanese economy showing signs of recovery
- Antartic study finds Cosmic Neutrinos
- Chelsea with Europa League
- Nicholls sets 1500m T34 world record
- Okoye impresses 49ers