Good Morning world and welcome to Reasons to be Cheerful.
This week is a lot of stress as students hit exam season but with Pre-Exam breakfasts being donated to help kids out it’s worth remembering that you’ve got people rooting for you even in the most stressful of situations.
Today is the anniversary of the first wireless radio broadcast and the world is still full of amazing inventions and innovations.
I’d also like to give a nod to Angelina Jolie after she has spoken about her experiences of having a double mastectomy, to help prevent breast cancer. There are a great many issues, especially health related, that people are embarassed or afraid to speak about and I hope Ms.Jolie’s courage inspires others. 🙂
Here are some other positive news stories to get your day started right.
- Retailers sign Bangladesh safety accord
- Rolls-Royce actively supporting Bloodhound SSC attempt
- World encouraged to eat more insects
- Streetlights bring normality to Mogadishu
- Astronauts return safe from ISS
- Hastings Hotel Group profits trebled in 2012
- Pre-Exam breakfasts sent to schools to help boost results
- GB’s Laura Robson beats Venus Williams in Rome