#Reasons2BCheerful Well here we are on Friday and a quick apology for missing yesterday.
The ambition with this project is that there should be a blog each weekday but this is something I’m doing in my spare time; Sometimes life intrudes and I need to take a little care of myself.
While I was away I couldn’t help be cheered by the fact that amazing things and wonderful acts of kindness continue to happen. A smile and a piece of good news can make an amazing difference to someone, here are some stories and discoveries that I hope will bring some joy into your lives 🙂
- Oldest living man celebrates 116th Birthday
- Super Battery breakthrough
- First transgender Pakistani political candidate
- First Female Director for BBC Proms
- Digital Public Library goes live
- New earth like planets found
- Approximately 750 lives saved in Scotland since introduction of bowel cancer screening
- Meet UK’s first licensed female boxing trainer
- Muslims who saved Jews from the Holocaust
- Drug Lord’s properties seized by Columbian Government
- Rare blue diamond found
- Cannes film line-up announced
- Google & microsoft profits rise
- New computerised fabrics developed in Canada
- Smart meters cutting bills in Wales
- Britain wins gold in Trap Shooting World cup
- Barrow sets British snowboarding speed record
Here’s wishing everyone a great weekend no matter what you are doing.
Remember to share your joy and good news as you walk through the world real or digital.