Well back to the grind stone they say, but after a weekend away with the guys from the Tamworth Phoenix I can’t help grinning. I’m sore but smiling at spending time with brothers and making new friends. However, while I was away the world didn’t stop turning and looking at the news we seem to be making progress to a better place for us all.
Here in the UK the week is likely to be full of controversy but when you find the US and China working together, the Gun debate in the US showing that politicians can find common ground at least on mental health and now Somalia (so long a source of suffering and piracy) looking like it has a chance to climb back into the light with the help of the IMF I can’t stop being full of optimism. I hope that these stories help you find the same.
- Scientists make lab grown kidney
- Lion Air jet crash all 108 passangers survived
- IMF Recognises Somali Governement after 22 year break meaning hope for future development
- US working on better mental health care
- Same sex marriage bill passes French Senate. Should be law by the Summer
- 4 Kidnapped Italian Journalists Freed
- NHL Announces support for gay rights
- Pilot Scheme cutting sales of Super-Strength ciders & beers sees drink related crime fall by 50%
- Swedish gets official gender neutral pronoun
- Debenhams break the mould on models
- Mountain Runner rescued
- Adam Scott becomes first Australian to win Golf’s Masters
If you find a story that makes you smile, or brings you joy make sure you share it with someone. May be not me, but good news is always worth sharing at least once.
Or why not follow me on Twitter @SiliconNomad
“We are all of us in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” Oscar Wilde